Speaking Engagements of Joseph Turner
Some Speaking engagements of Joe Turner
- EXPERIENCES AS EXPERT WITNESS, GUEST LECTURER AND IN TEACHING
- 1988 & '89 Guest lecturer at Michigan State Police "Damage Assessment Workshop"
- 1989-1991 Taught six hour Federal Emergency Management Course "Emergency Management, USA"
- 1990 Michigan State Police "Current Trends in Emergency Management" spring workshop guest lecturer
- 1993 Guest lecturer for a "Community Forum" sponsored by Saginaw Township
Hispanic Advisory Council
- 1994 Guest lecturer at Delta College
- 1996 Guest Speaker - ARRL National Convention, Peoria, IL.;
Guest Speaker - Leadership Saginaw program
- 1997, 2009 Taught entry level amateur radio licensing course - electrical theory and Morse code
- 2000- Present Guest lecturer for Merrill Park 3rd grade classes - "Jobs in my neighborhood" (Gotcha ! I find these lists boring too!!)
- 2001-2003 Instructor for the 2001 Michigan Assessor's Short Course "Abatements, Authorities and Special Assessments" ( tax capturing authorities - Brownfield, DDA, LDFA, and TIFA laws)
- 2003-2005 Guest Lecturer, Michigan State University, Property Taxation and Economic Development, Graduate and Undergraduate students
- 2004-Present Instructor for the Michigan Assessor's Short Course "Special Assessments"
- 2006-Present Instructor for the Michigan Assessor's Short Course "Authorities and Abatements"
- 2006-Present Presenter for Lorman Educational Services on Economic Development and Taxation
- 2009 Presenter, Special Topics Seminar, International Association of Assessing Officers, "Values associated with a lake and used for special assessment purposes"
- 2010 Presenter, The Historical Society of Saginaw County,January 12, 2010, "Oil and Coal in Saginaw: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow"
- 2013 Presenter, International Association of Assessing Officers 79th International Conference on Assessment Administration, "The Geographic Distribution of Values From a Lake"
- ORAL TESTIMONY AND EXPERT WITNESS BEFORE:
- Michigan Tax Tribunal Referee
- Saginaw County District Court
- City of Saginaw Board of Review
- Gladwin County Circuit Court
- Testimony (March 2014) at the request of the Michigan House of Representatives Local Government Committee: "The history and utilizaton of Michigan's Special Assessment procedures"